Thursday 16 June 2011

This is a door & Royal Ascot - I < 3 you!

There is a few things I love.

  1. Lego
  2. Hats
  3. My boyfriend (gush, gush, swoon etc)
  4. And this door:


This is the magic door. It leads to no where and one day I'd love to do a wee photo shoot in front of it. This is the one good thing about living in a countryside. Beautiful scenery and random bits of quirkiness.

Whilst I sit here sprawled over my bed and typing this, I have one eye closely monitoring the telly.

Royal Ascot.

More specifically Royal Ascot Ladies Day. Anyone who knows me will know I have a small obsession with hats. I made them solidly for two years at uni and even did my entire dissertation on it. If anyone wants to read it (Beware! It is MASSIVE!) I popped it in a link on the sidebar.

This is the latest one I made:
Excuse the fingernails! And for the nitpickers amongst you - yes, yes. It is indeed a fascinator. Not a hat. Dur dur.

This wee riot was created through the sacrifice of an old hat which had become battered from living in the attic. Plus, my future flatmate asked me to make her something for a wedding. How could I possibly say no!

The demented look is just an added bonus...


My inbox is slowly filling up with beautiful creations being worn right now. It's actually starting to frustrate me because I don't have the stuff to work out how they did half of it!

Umbrellas away: The weather brightens up

These guys are by far my favorite. Completely quirky, full of colour and most importantly, they use feathers. There is not enough feathers used in the world!

And if you own a horse and feel that their heads are being left out, never fear! The legend that is Stephen Jones has solved this issue.

Timeless: The horse's headpiece draws its inspiration from the Ladies' Day headpiece Audrey Hepburn wore in My Fair Lady

I also think ASOS know I just got paid. They are now rampaging me with sale previews.

Image 1 of ASOS Stripe Dress with Pleated Skirt

If anyone wants to buy me it, click here. It would be superly awesome of you...

2 comments:

  1. It should be law for horses to wear hats with feathers at all times.

    (hello btw)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oww hello! I have no idea who has blogs these days.

    Nice to find you =)

    ReplyDelete