Friday 24 June 2011

The sun is full of ninja tendencies.

My mum is from New Zealand. I inherited the love of the sun from her. So technically this post is all her fault.

Scotland isn't a place known for its sunny days. It's sneaky and hides either behind rain clouds or just clouds in general. The sun also does not like to be seen by me. I step outside and it hides.

But today, no! This shall not happen.

It.
Is.
Sunny.

Wooooo! Sorry but the weather is exciting here. I shall be cracking out the pretty dresses and awesome shoes soon. Yas!

It is, in all fairness, about as exciting as what The Sun classifies as 'breaking news'.

WOMAN FINDS SUPER SIZED TWIGLET.
Told you it was exciting.

Jumping back to the weather, I'm kind of glad its turning out to be nice. I live in a small town. All small towns have Gala days. This week just happens to be Beltane week where it is deemed acceptable to crown a 12 year old girl Queen of the town.


I can't help but hate this festival. Don't get me wrong. I used to love it when I was a kid who was part of the parade or a teenager who loved to cause riots. There is nothing quite like throwing sweets at 
un-expecting children the back of a lorry dressed up as something from the latest Disney film. But now, I'm apparently a grown up.

I need to get into town for work but I can't cause they keep moving the bus stops to accommodate for the horses.
I want to walk home at night but I get jumped on by drunk revelers.
I want to sleep so I wake up at 6am (semi) refreshed for work but I can't cause ever bugger under the sun is out having parties; most of which end up in my street. 

I may sound stupidly 'bah humbug' but I cannot stand living in a small town. 

GET ME BACK TO EDINBURGH. Please?

Also, that ASOS dress that I posted about a while ago that I was told would be going into the sale is STILL full price.

Liars.

No comments:

Post a Comment