Wednesday 22 June 2011

Confessions of an eBay addict.


Hello my name is Jen and I am addicted to eBay. It has been 1 hour 13 minutes since I last trawled the listings.

It's kinda bad. I'm not going to lie. I see things, I decide I need said things and then I buy them. Urgh. But it's not all bad. I do sell my junk as well. Occasionally. When I can be bothered. When I have the patience to sit for hours upon end writing about how exciting this roll of fabric really is. I could quite honestly sell wool to a sheep. I'm just that damn good*.

Right now I am surrounded by stuff I really need to get rid of. I'm moving back to Edinburgh next month and I need to make pennies. FAST (yes, yes I am aware there are 'other' methods to make money fast but those are illegal and I would probably be that person who gets murdered).

Today my plan should be to list stuff. For example I have:

  • A Wii
  • Wii Fit board
  • Wii Fit mat
  • Xbox 360 with a 120gb HD
  • Numerous dresses
  • A massive Sony desktop PC 
  • Alexander McQueen scarf
  • Leather satchels
  • A crap load of books from uni (which I'm waiting till September to sell cause thats when those pesky students go back to studying)
So, yeh. I have lots to sell which would probably make me some money and make my life just a touch easier. Yet, I'm faffing about watching Diagnosis Murder.


This man is a legend. If you disagree, then you are wrong =)

eBay does have its advantages. I find amazing bargains like leather satchels (I buy too many. That is why it's listed as my stuff to sell. They look pretty and I buy. I can't wear more than one at a time although I've tried and I look really stupid) for awesome prices:

£20 on eBay - Fantastic! (Not my photo. Mines are faaaaar better)


I do have a thing for satchels. I have had one since I was at college that still gets used everyday. I got told I'd never use it. Well take that people! It's the best bag in the world and well worth paying the extra money.

Battered and worn but by far the best bag I have ever had.

For anyone looking for a satchel, Scaramanga is where you should go. Super friendly guys with an amazing range of products. I've been complimented left, right and center about it as well as pointing people in the direction of their website. I was also fortunate to win a competition with them and I am now the proud owner of a flight bag:



I do have another one and I'm quite sure their will be more added to my collection in the near future. For you people who do not own a leather satchel, you're missing out.


*Sometimes being confident is my downfall...

No comments:

Post a Comment